Dienstag, 9. August 2011

I want to write better

Trying to have a blog post every day during the time Sanne is away is hard work. I try but I am not sure how long I will keep this up.

Groovy Henry
At least I have an additional motivation to write down thoughts and feelings, and I may improve my writing skills. I want to improve my writing style. I tend to write long, nested sentences when presenting some detailed argument. I see other blogs from professional writers which are much cleaner, much more on the point, and I try hard to get there.

I am able to write scientific papers, my students say they like the way i explain things and give talks, so I have some skills, but during writing a blog entry I feel that I write in a to complicated style. This does not mean that i want to simplify things but that I want to describe things in a simple and precise way.

And I also should improve my English.
But the findings above also hold for my German posts, in German the sentences get even longer.

3 Kommentare:

  1. I love this daily posts (and especially the drawings). Go on! I also try to write about every day of my tour but I have to think about that, because writing takes much time and it's not so great to block other's computer when I'm not in an internet cafe... I also exercise to mention only the important stuff and make more a pointed remark than to explain every detail...

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. If both of you write that much, I will have to spend much time and money in the internet :) Reading your blogs I start missing you very much.

    Rebekka

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Come on, most of my posts are just drawings/paintings. This should be fast...

    AntwortenLöschen